Monday, March 15, 2010

Thank God For:

...or really, Thank the Brit's/Kate Moss for: Hunter Boots.

Some love em' some hate em', I happen to love them because I've always been drawn to equestrian-esque designs and with this monsoon that's been going on lately, this is the most practical purchase I've made in a really long time.

If you recall, back at the beginning of the year Jimmy Choo did a Hunter Collaboration, and those were the Hunter's I originally wanted, but I quickly learned if your name wasn't on a waiting list by May/June of LAST year you were shit out of luck, or unless you were that lucky girl who wore a size 5 and nabbed the ones returned to SAKS at Riverside :/, point is, I guess Hunter saw that the Croc embossed rubber was sucha hit, they did a similar style at a cheaper price than the originals and there is no waiting list neccessary, (which you may not like, if you are like me). Unfortunately though, they just recently released these and I had long passed settled for the plain black and even more unfortunate for me, the Choo x Hunters are back on Saks' website in my size. Bummer.

*All Hunter Boots are different, the materials and finishes vary especially by Store and according to if your pair was on display. The boots are shipped with a thick white-ish wax coating for waterproofing purposes. Many stores upon receivement of the boots strip them of their original white-ish coating creating a shiny lacquer-like finish. Not all stores do this though, I bought mine at Bloomingdales with the wax still left on, although they offered to remove it for me, I opted not to because I like the muted black and I think the shiny-ness is a little much, but to each is own. I was told you can remove the wax with Armorall or Boat Wax Cleaner.


Original Tall Wellies $115.oo

Kate Moss

The "Boa" embossed Hunter Boot $225.00

The Jimmy Choo Hunter Boot with a gorgeous croc embossed rubber-$395.00

No comments:

Post a Comment