Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Amazing Grace

I honestly, very rarely buy myself fashion magazines, I usually buy weeklies and then steal my grandma's/aunt's fashion mags instead. There usually has to be someone on the cover whom I really love and want to support with my OWN money, (even if it's just $5, I still feel better doing it, haha). One magazine I NEEDED to buy, the second I saw it staring at me on the shelf, was April's Vanity Fair.

The new cover holds a little special place in my heart. Why?, you may ask, because it features the Eternal Style Icon, Grace Kelly. I've always, always, always, loved old hollywood glamour, but Grace Kelly is much more than an icon to me. My love for her is a connection between my love of fashion and the love for my grandma and aunt, which, hysterically, both of their names are, Grace Kelly. I guess my family's love has been passed down from my aunts and grandma to me. My middle name is Grace, and also, the "real" Grace Kelly's middle name is, Patricia, which is my other aunts' name.



Grace Kelly carrying the Hermes Kelly bag, named and created after her.

From left to right: Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy (Also one of my icons), the Prince Rainier of Monaco, Grace Kelly, and President John F. Kennedy.

Oh, and another reason to pick up the mag, there's a fabulous article on shoe god, Christian Louboutin, all in all, I feel like this issue is definitely worth your hard earned dough.

Dita Von Teese and Christian Louboutin

No comments:

Post a Comment